Thursday, February 11, 2010

Page 41

I’m proud of you for bringing up our conversation this morning. I didn’t know you were capable of leading a conversation. Though you didn’t have much to say, I nodded in agreement as I stared at the bones of my hips, hugged by the lace of the panties I put on solely for you to see. Took mental note they would look better if the hips wearing them were a bit bonier.

“He gets distracted by pretty girls” I was told in my kitchen, feet sticking to the linoleum that hasn’t been scrubbed since real people lived here.
I see now that is all that happened- I was a shiny object of distraction.
A “pretty girl.”
You liked my face but would rather it didn’t go further.
I liked your face too until I met your mind.
I’m just as guilty as you.
You might be an idiot.
You can’t tell where you’re wrong in believing you should fuck a pretty girl (ASAP!) cause she might end up being the love of your life and making you a father.
You can’t go around fucking pretty girls and then being surprised when you have nothing to say to each other.
You can’t fuck a pretty girl and then take her to the pharmacy to buy her the largest dose of birth control you can find.
Well I guess you can, but it sure as hell shouldn’t be the second date.
You can’t fuck a pretty girl and then turn into this self-conscious, immature little boy who hides and stumbles over his words.
You can’t fuck a pretty girl and then reveal the opposite of who she thought you were.
I guess that one’s my mistake.
You can’t fuck a pretty girl and expect love.
But you can fuck a pretty girl and expect you won’t have much to talk about afterward, because you don’t have much in common afterward, because the party is over afterward.
That pretty girl you fucked might try to help you find your confidence.
That pretty girl you fucked might try to overlook your wrongs, if you wouldn’t keep bringing them up.
That pretty girl you fucked might try to assure you she’ll be there for you.
But when it all comes down to it, you’re alone no matter who you’re fucking.
And that pretty girl you fucked will know she is one among many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers